Some of our databases have filters for peer reviewed articles. Below are some examples of the appearance of the filters. Many of our other databases have filters for peer reviewed sources as well.
Appearance and location of Filter
- Academic Search Premier
- America: History & Life
- Applied Science & Technology Full Text
- Art Full Text
- Art Index Retrospective
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
- Biological & Agricultural Index Plus
- Biological Abstracts 1969 - Present
- Business Abstracts with Full Text
- Business Source Premier
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text
- Communication & Mass Media
- Complete eBook Collection
- Education Full Text
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
- General Science Full Text
- Historical Abstracts
- Hospitality & Tourism
- CompleteHumanities & Social Sciences Index Retrospective: 1907-1984
- Humanities Full Text
- Library Literature & Information Science Index
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts
- MAS Ultra - School Edition
- Military & Government Collection
- MLA Directory of Periodicals
- MLA International Bibliography
- Music Index
- OmniFile Full Text Mega
- Primary Search
- Readers' Guide Full Text Mega
- Readers' Guide Retrospective: 1890-1982
- Regional Business News
- Social Sciences Full Text
There may be a check box that looks like either of these:
You may have to scroll down quite a ways to see it.
Some of the products do not have the filter at all.
- ABI/INFORM Complete
- Alt-Press Watch
- Ethnic News Watch
- EIU Viewswire
- Pais International
- Philosophers Index
- Physical Education Index
- PILOTS Database
- Social Services Abstracts
- Sociological Abstracts
The limit filter may have check boxes for "Scholarly Journals", "Peer Reviewed Journals" or both.
Use the limit filter (above) before you search OR
After you do the search, look at the right side of the results screen for an option to narrow results to "Scholarly Journals".
Some products only allow you to apply the limit before you search or after you search.
If you do a Onesearch from the Library Home page:
On the results list, click on the "Scholary Only" checkbox in the left column:
You will see a "Peer Reviewed" notation near each item which would confirm its status.