Answered By: Freda Lin Last Updated: Feb 26, 2018 Views: 3378
You can renew books via My Library Account if you have NO HOLDS, and NO OVERDUE BOOKS. However, this does not apply to CSU+, Reserve, Periodical, or non-book materials. For a 4-week loan, the maximum number of renewals is two (2).
To renew books online, take these 3 steps:
- Log into My Library Account.
- Click on "LOANS" to view all of your items and their statuses. This allows you to select items for renewal. Or click on "RENEW ALL" to renew all of the items together.
- Remember to sign out when you have completed your transaction.
Situations when items cannot be renewed online:
- The items are overdue.
- There is a hold on your library account.
- It is too soon to renew an item. (Loan rule determines when during the loan period an item is eligible to be renewed.)
- An item has been renewed for the maximum number of times allowed.
- Another patron has placed a hold on the item. You will see a recall notice for the item in your library account.
- The item has a loan rule that does not allow renewals (for example, items obtained through CSU+ cannot be renewed).
If you are unable to renew your books online, bring the items to the Library Circulation Desk for assistance.
Call the Research Help Desk @
Visit the Research Help Desk for in-person help
Find a Subject Librarian
Subject Librarians can help with in-depth research
Text a Librarian
Text quick questions to email@example.com
Chat with a Librarian
Need more help? Chat in real-time with a librarian!